Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Healthy Halloween Candy Alternates



With Halloween a few days away, I am sure everyone has went out and bought candy to give out to our neighbors and family members. I know my kids are having Halloween parties at school. This year I want to give out something different that the usual, unhealthy candy. But at the same time I want it to be fun. I was able to find 5 fun alternatives to Halloween Candy, that are still fun for kids.

1. Goodie Bags: For the kids Halloween party this year we are filling little baggies with Halloween decorated notepads, pencils and stickers.. I let my son pick out the stickers and he was thrilled that he was not just giving out candy.


2. Popcorn: I found a cute decorative way to give out popcorn with a Halloween twist. Fill clear plastic gloves full of fresh popcorn and tied out with ribbon. An added touch would be a fun spider ring.

3. Masks: Everyone is dressing up already for the occasion but why not give an extra fun plain black mask for an added prop. Many party supply stores sell them in bulk or you can get crafty and make some.

4. Necklaces: Those party supply stores also sell Mardis Gras style black and orange beaded necklaces. My kids are always thrilled for these extra little things at parties.

5. Crayons and Coloring Pages: Many subdivisions where we live do a community friendly trick or treating. They often set up haunt houses in there garages or sit outside while several hundreds kids come through. Why no set up a table outside and give out crayons with Halloween related coloring pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment