Friday, October 23, 2015

21 Day Fix, What?!

After giving birth to my third child I was ready to get my pre-baby bod back. I have been struggling with weight loss since my first child who was born over 11 years ago. I had tried other weight loss programs. I eventually stop using their products due to them containing aspartame. I watched a video called Hunger for Change. This movie changed the way I looked at eating. I knew I needed to make a change.

On Facebook I kept seeing a friend post about her challenge groups, featuring the 21 day Fix. She was getting amazing results. I saw how quickly she was getting her pre-baby bod back. I figured if she could do it, so could I. I definitely wasn't enjoying being in the current state I was in. I rarely wanted to pose for pictures with my kids. So, I signed up to join her next challenge group. Something was just burning inside me saying " You need to do this!" I get tons of people asking me what am I doing, so I want to share my results and spread the wealth.



My Coach

Aside from the posts I saw on Facebook, I really had no idea what the 21 day fix was. The 21 day fix is, a 21 day program that includes workouts, and eating plan to help you lose weight safety and quickly. Luckily for me when I joined the challenge group I got a free coach. In this challenge group I was held accountable for each workout I did, and what I ate. I found the group helped me stay accountable and motivated. I took my pre-measurements, as well as, my before pictures. I was not excited at all to take the before picture. But, when I saw my measurements I was determined to succeed!!!






Nutrition


Included with my challenge pack was a nutrition guide, a 30 day supply of Shakeology, 7 portion containers and 7 workout videos.The nutrition guide book guides you through what to eat and how much you portion for each food group. I didn't have to count calories, so it was easier for me to figure out. Whatever fits in the containers you get to eat. I found that meal planning is the key. So, every Sunday I plan and prep my meals for the week ahead. If I did not get to plan my meals, for whatever reason, plan I found I struggled with getting in the right amount of food. Within a week it became much easier to manage. I was starting to learn how to eat properly.





In the beginning, I was struggling with figuring how to fit in all these foods in one day. Shakeology was an easy fix to my busy morning. Before I started, I rarely ever ate breakfast because mornings were always so hectic, with the kids and work. I carried Shakeology with me everywhere so I was not tempted to eat fast food. The packets made it easy to have a nutritious meal on the go. The shakes helped me when I craved sweets. How bad can it be, if it tastes like Ice Cream!

Workouts


Autumn Calabrese, is the celebrity trainer who designed the 21 Day Fix program. I find her workouts
to be challenging. In just 30 mins I feel like I had been in the gym for over an hour. When I first started this program it felt like 30 mins was long. I had to push myself to workout. I found the modifications provided in the videos got me through the first week! By the second and third week I was able to do most of the workouts without doing the modification. I felt accomplished and noticed I was getting stronger. Some days were harder than others but I kept pushing. I found her words encouraging. When she said "Everything you got, and a little bit more.", I took her serious. 






Results


 My first round of the fix and I lost 10 lbs and 18 inches. Once, I got results I was hooked.





I loved that everywhere I went people were noticing my results. I become so excited and wanted to start helping others. I was already getting some many others wanting me to help them with losing weight since I was making such great progress. I found myself talking about the program all the time. I figured I might as well become a coach! I start a new challenge group every month. My next challenge group is starting November 2nd. To join email me kristinemhill@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook! I would love to help you get the same results. Get you free account.

No comments:

Post a Comment